Friday, April 1, 2016

Arm Slayer --- Rawr

Greetings Fit-Lifers (Is that a thing?)!

Today I decided to support my girl Nikki in Spin Circuit.

Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. The terror/exhaustion of spin combined with the burn of weight training. Add into the mix that Nikki is a beast on her own and you have a pretty effective lunchtime class.

I usually get to the gym a little before her class and ask her what we are concentrating on in class that day so I can get in some pre-workout-workout with whatever she won't be stressing.

Today, she let me know that we were going to be doing legs and abs, soooooo arms it was!

I did a little cardio/arm combination which is posted at the bottom of this update. I will say this as well - If you've never tried a spin-circuit type class, you definitely should.

Nikki did five rounds legs/abs. To outline:

3 Minutes of Spin:

  • 1 minute of medium tension sitting
  • 1 minute of medium-high tension hover
  • 1 minute of high tension standing mountain climb
Ab Reps:
  • 25 crunches
  • 25 crossover crunches - left side
  • 25 crossover crunches - right side
  • 25 crossover reverse crunches - left side
  • 25 crossover reverse crunches - right side
  • 25 full sit ups
--End Round--

We did this five times.

All in all? Great workout.

Give it a shot! 

And on the Arm/Cardio side, I present:


No comments:

Post a Comment